The air conditioning is broken in the computer lab today so the environment is not conducive to test taking. We will all meet in our original classroom, Roosey 402, to take the exam. Please report there immediately!
Please bring lined paper and a pen or pencil.
For homework, please do the Comma Packet! Comma Packet and review Commonly Confused Words commonly confused words
- Review 2nd passing exam for “Computers Cannot Teach Basic Skills”; compare the passing essay to yours
- Review possession packet answer key (posted online)
- Class handout- clear, concise sentences
- Start Essay- Malcolm X and finish for HW
Parts of an Essay
- Background information
- Few sentences on the topic
- Name of author and article should be present in intro
- Thesis Statement
- Topic Sentence
- 1 or more sentences explaining topic sentence
- Quote from author
- Analyze author’s quote
- Agree or disagree
- Give an example
- Close the paragraph
NEXT CLASS, Sept 29, you will take a practice exam in LAB A. Please be on time. Contact me ahead of time with questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org
Review “Computers Cannot Teach Basic Skills”
Review Apostrophes & Sentence Fragment
* Quick Tips!
* Grammar Tip 5 (5 paragraph essay) graamer tip 5 paragraphing & Components of an Essay
* Comma Splice/Sentence Fragments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wNR-aoq2Y&feature=youtu.be
* Possession/Apostrophes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKcB-aJtt4&feature=youtu.be
* Review Essays- Read, take notes, make an outline
* Read through grammar tip 5 and watch comma splice and possession/apostrophes videos
* Complete Sentence Fragments Comma Splice packet
* Complete Apostrophe Packet The Apostrophe
* Complete Essay Titled: Computers Cannot Teach Basic Skills (Answer only one of the questions, A, B or C)computers cannot teach basic skills
Welcome to Professor Krone’s LTED 305 Blog! Here you will find writing resources, homework assignments, materials handed out in class, and various posts and links that I think will benefit you! Register with this blog and you will get an email each time I post.